Kevin Harvick proved at Texas that you can never count him out. As fans and media started to question whether he would make the final four at Homestead in just a couple of weeks, Harvick took control at Texas, winning his third straight Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at the track.
Harvick overcame a pit-road penalty for a tire placed in the his pit box too early, but didn’t let that derail his championship hopes as he held off teammate Aric Almirola. All four Stewart Haas drivers led laps in the race.
“Texas has been so great to us, and what a race track the last few years,” said Harvick. “We knew this was a good race track for us.”
Daniel Suarez finished third, followed by Joey Logano and Alex Bowman.
Harvick joins Martin Truex Jr. as the two drivers locked into the championship four heading into this weekend’s race at ISM Raceway. Kyle Busch and Logano are currently above the cutline, but if Denny Hamlin, Ryan Blaney, Kyle Larson or Chase Elliott can find a way to win at ISM Raceway, they will be guaranteed a spot competing for the championship.
- Brandon Jones Wins Kansas Lottery 250 In Overtme Thriller
- Matt Crafton Collects First Win Since 2017, Emerges Victorious In E.P.T 200 At Kansas Speedway
- Austin Hill Cruises To Victory In Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 200 At Kansas Speedway
- Brett Holmes Captures First Career Win In Dawn 150 At Kansas Speedway
- Chris Mann To Sing Virtual National Anthem Prior To Kansas Speedway’s Xfinity Series Race Saturday