Heading into Kentucky this weekend, drivers on the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoff bubble have to be feeling the stress of trying to remain in the playoffs. With Clint Bowyer and Ryan Newman in 15th and 16th, respectively, and less than one finishing position ahead of Daniel Suarez, the pressure is on.
For Bowyer, his stats in eight races at Kentucky aren’t great with one Top Five finish, and for Newman, he has also has eight starts at Kentucky but has fared a little better with three Top 5s. Suarez is still looking for his first Top 10 finish at Kentucky but will be making just his third Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start at the track.
With eight races remaining until the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoffs begin, all three drivers are going to need a good finish to keep their playoff hopes alive.
Drivers qualified for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoffs (at least one win): Joey Logano, Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, Martin Truex Jr., Denny Hamlin, Chase Elliott and Alex Bowman.
Drivers currently in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (based on points): Kevin Harvick, Kurt Busch, Aric Almirola, Ryan Blaney, William Byron, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Larson, Bowyer and Newman.
- Joey Logano Wins Hollywood Casino 400
- Chase Briscoe Wins Kansas Lottery 300
- Bret Holmes Finishes 2nd in Speediatrics 150 Presented by The NASCAR Foundation at Kansas Speedway, Claims 2020 ARCA Menards Series Championship
- Fort Leavenworth Personnel to Serve in Dignitary Roles for Hollywood Casino 400 Sunday at Kansas Speedway
- CB30 to perform virtual national anthem prior to Saturday's Kansas Lottery 300