Alex Bowman had been here before. With eight laps remaining at Chicagoland Speedway, Bowman and Kyle Larson were battling for the lead. But this time, Bowman held off Larson for his first career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series win.
“I’m just tired of running second, didn’t want to do that anymore,” he said, referencing his three second-place finishes this year, including earlier this year at Kansas Speedway.
Joey Logano finished third, followed by Jimmie Johnson and Brad Keselowski. All four Hendrick Motorsports drivers finished in the Top 11, with William Byron finishing eighth and Chase Elliott finishing 11th.
Drivers currently in the Top 16 in the point standings are Logano, Kyle Busch, Keselowski, Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr., Denny Hamlin, Chase Elliott, Kurt Busch, Alex Bowman, Ryan Blaney, Aric Almirola, Byron, Larson, Johnson, Daniel Suarez and Clint Bowyer.
The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series returns to action this weekend from Daytona International Speedway.
- Joey Logano Wins Hollywood Casino 400
- Chase Briscoe Wins Kansas Lottery 300
- Bret Holmes Finishes 2nd in Speediatrics 150 Presented by The NASCAR Foundation at Kansas Speedway, Claims 2020 ARCA Menards Series Championship
- Fort Leavenworth Personnel to Serve in Dignitary Roles for Hollywood Casino 400 Sunday at Kansas Speedway
- CB30 to perform virtual national anthem prior to Saturday's Kansas Lottery 300