It may have taken an extra day, but for Joey Logano the wait was worth it as he held off Kurt Busch and Martin Truex Jr. to win at Michigan.
The trio battled with four laps remaining, but a caution caused by Erik Jones sent the race into overtime and set up a two -ap shootout. Logano pulled ahead, but Busch started closing in. At the finish line, Logano went to the middle while Busch dove low, and Logano came away with the victory by a mere 0.147 seconds.
“This one, outside of the crown jewel events,I consider the biggest race to win because it is in Ford Motor Company’s backyard and Roger Penske’s backyard,” said Logano.
The win was Logano’s third at Michigan, all three of which came from the pole. Busch, Truex, Daniel Suarez and Kyle Busch rounded out the Top Five.
The win was Logano’s second of the 2019 season, essentially securing him a spot in NASCAR’s playoffs, which return to Kansas Speedway on Oct. 20. Other drivers with wins this year include Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, Chase Elliott, Truex, and Denny Hamlin. With 11 races remaining before the start of the playoffs, these drivers join race winners in the Top 16 – Kevin Harvick, Kurt Busch, Ryan Blaney, Alex Bowman, Aric Almirola, Clint Bowyer, Daniel Suarez, William Byron, Kyle Larson and Jimmie Johnson.
- Joey Logano Wins Hollywood Casino 400
- Chase Briscoe Wins Kansas Lottery 300
- Bret Holmes Finishes 2nd in Speediatrics 150 Presented by The NASCAR Foundation at Kansas Speedway, Claims 2020 ARCA Menards Series Championship
- Fort Leavenworth Personnel to Serve in Dignitary Roles for Hollywood Casino 400 Sunday at Kansas Speedway
- CB30 to perform virtual national anthem prior to Saturday's Kansas Lottery 300