Richmond, Va. (April 14, 2019) – For anyone wondering what is wrong with Martin Truex this year, Truex emphatically answered that question at Richmond – nothing. Truex took home the checkered flag for the first time at Richmond Raceway, and it was his first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race this season with his new team, Joe Gibbs Racing.
“I’ve always enjoyed this track,” said Truex. “To win here in the Toyota Owners 400 is huge. We’ve been chipping away at it and hopefully we can get better from here on out.”
Truex led a race high 186 laps on his way to his 20th career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series win. Joey Logano finished second, followed by Clint Bowyer, Kevin Harvick and Denny Hamlin.
Truex is the fifth different winner in nine races this season.
The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series is off this weekend.
- Kansas Speedway To Fully Open Grandstands for Oct. 23-24 NASCAR Weekend
- Kyle Busch Gets Birthday Present with First 2021 Win in Sunday’s Buschy McBusch Race 400 at Kansas Speedway
- Kyle Busch Grabs His 61st NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Win in Saturday’s WISE Power 200 at Kansas Speedway
- ARCA SEASON FINALE TO SWEETEN UP WITH REESE’S 150
- WISE Power to Serve as Entitlement Partner for NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race at Kansas Speedway, May 1