Bristol, Tenn. (April 7, 2019) – If you’re thinking about placing a bet on who will win the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series championship, Kyle Busch has to be at the top of the list. Yes, it’s early in the season, but after getting caught up in a lap two incident at Bristol and coming back to win the race, Busch has to be in title consideration.
Busch held off brother Kurt for his third win the of Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series season. The brothers lined up next to each other on the final restart but Kurt had nothing for Kyle.
“He gave it one hell of a fight,” said Kyle Busch. “Busch and Bristol, sounds familiar.”
“That one is tough,” said Kurt Busch, a six time winner at Bristol. “I really wanted to beat him. I was going to wreck him. … Feel like him right now – I’m mad because I didn’t win.”
The win gave Joe Gibbs Racing five wins on the year, with Team Penske winning the other three races this year.
The series returns to Richmond Raceway next week.
- Kansas Speedway To Host Limited Number of Fans For Hollywood Casino 400 October 18
- Brandon Jones Wins Kansas Lottery 250 In Overtme Thriller
- Matt Crafton Collects First Win Since 2017, Emerges Victorious In E.P.T 200 At Kansas Speedway
- Austin Hill Cruises To Victory In Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 200 At Kansas Speedway
- Brett Holmes Captures First Career Win In Dawn 150 At Kansas Speedway