Phoenix, Ariz. (March 10, 2019) – Kyle Busch stopped a two-race winning streak for Penske Racing, heading to Victory Lane at ISM Raceway. For a time, it looked like Ryan Blaney would join teammates Joey Logano and Brad Keselowski with a win this season, but ultimately it wasn’t going to happen. Blaney, who started on the pole, held Busch off as long as he could, but Busch took the lead at lap 296 and never looked back, actually stretching his lead over the last few laps. The win was Busch’s 199th of his NASCAR career. Busch has 52 career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series wins.
There were a string of incidents throughout Stage 1- Erik Jones, running 12th at the time, hit the wall after a tire went down. Soon after, Brad Keselowski began to struggle and he brushed the wall after something broke on his car. Daniel Suarez had to get a push for his car onto pit road but was able to continue racing.
Busch’s teammate, Martin Truex Jr., finished second, followed by Blaney, Aric Almirola and Denny Hamlin.
Busch will look for his 200th career NASCAR win at Auto Club Speedway next weekend.
- Brandon Jones Wins Kansas Lottery 250 In Overtme Thriller
- Matt Crafton Collects First Win Since 2017, Emerges Victorious In E.P.T 200 At Kansas Speedway
- Austin Hill Cruises To Victory In Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 200 At Kansas Speedway
- Brett Holmes Captures First Career Win In Dawn 150 At Kansas Speedway
- Chris Mann To Sing Virtual National Anthem Prior To Kansas Speedway’s Xfinity Series Race Saturday