KANSAS CITY, Kan. (April 26, 2016) – As race fans prepare to attend the first race weekend at Kansas Speedway in 2016, they can expect the same great experiences they have had in the past. For the latest updates, visit www.facebook.com/kansasspeedway, Twitter - @kansasspeedway, and www.kansasspeedway.com or download our mobile app. For updated ticket information, visit www.kansasspeedway.com or call 866-460-RACE (7223).
Schedule and Highlights:
May 6 - NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race (Toyota Tundra 250 – 7:30 PM, FOX Sports 1 and MRN)
- 9 AM – Parking lots open
- 10 AM – Grandstand gates open
- 10:30 AM – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice
- 12:30 PM – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice
- 3:30 PM – NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying
- 5:45 PM – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying
- 7 PM – NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver introductions
- National Anthem: Samantha Dawn
- Invocation: R.D. Fowler, Kansas City Raceway Ministries
- Color Guard: Lee’s Summit, Mo. High School
- Green flag scheduled for 7:49 PM
May 7 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Go Bowling 400 – 6:30 PM, FOX Sports 1 and MRN)
- Noon – Parking lots open
- 3 PM – Grandstand gates open/Gates open for Pre-Race Pass access
- 5 PM (approx.) – Eddie Money pre-race concert
- 6 PM – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver introductions
- National Anthem: Mary Ann Hotaling
- Invocation: Mike Thompson, Ret. Army Chaplain
- Color Guard: Lee’s Summit, Mo. High School
- Green flag scheduled for 6:47 PM
All times central, and times and events subject to change without notice.
As a reminder, Kansas Speedway offers free parking for all guests in our general parking lots. Please follow signs, and parking attendants and local law enforcement directions to enter the parking lots as quickly as possible. Please remember by not following these directions or flow of traffic, it will impede your time entering and exiting Kansas Speedway’s parking lots.
Overnight parking is not allowed.
Tickets are available for both races by calling 866-460-RACE (7223), online at www.kansasspeedway.com, at the Kansas Speedway Ticket Office (400 Speedway Blvd., Kansas City, KS) from 9 AM – 5 PM Monday – Friday or on the day of the race at the ticket booth at Gate B when parking lots open (9 AM on May 6; Noon on May 7).
The Kansas Speedway Ticket Office will also be open on May 6 from 9 AM – 5 PM for fans wanting to purchase tickets.
On May 7, the Kansas Speedway Ticket Office will be open from 9 AM – Noon for fans wanting to purchase tickets or pick up Will Call tickets. After Noon, fans can visit the ticket Booth at Gate B to purchase tickets and pick up Will Call tickets.
Please remember that tickets cannot be resold on Kansas Speedway property.
Watching on TV
Kansas Speedway’s Toyota Tundra 250 (NASCAR Camping World Truck Series) race will air on FOX Sports 1 on May 6. The Go Bowling 400 (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series) race will air on FOX Sports 1 on May 7.
Check local listings for start times.
Fans can tune into MRN affiliates throughout the country to hear coverage of Kansas Speedway’s races. Fans can listen to MRN’s coverage on Sirius Satellite Radio’s NASCAR channel, by downloading the MRN mobile app or online at www.mrn.com.
Fans can participate in the conversation on social media by following Kansas Speedway at facebook.com/kansasspeedway, on Twitter (@kansasspeedway and @ksspeedwayprez), and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/kansasspeedway. Hashtags being used this weekend are #GB400 and #TT250.
Driving to the Races
Kansas Speedway is conveniently located off of I-435 and I-70. Fans traveling on I-70 can exit at the 110th Street/Speedway Blvd. exit or exit onto I-435 North and exit onto State Ave. West. Fans traveling on I-435 should exit at State Ave West. Follow the signs to the parking lots.
Please remember that due to the large volume of traffic, there will be delays entering and exiting the facility.
Please also remember that pedestrians may not cross State Ave. to enter or leave Kansas Speedway.
Race fans can purchase driver specific merchandise at the Fanatics tent in the Display Midway.
Kansas Speedway’s Display Midway is located north of Gate B. Several corporate displays will be on hand, including displays from the following.
Go Bowling, Kansas Speedway’s Racing 101, Kansas Lottery, AAA, Weber Grills, Toyota, Coca-Cola, and many more!
The Display Midway is open on Friday, May 6 from 9 AM – 7:30 PM, and on Saturday, May 7 from 12 PM – 6:30 PM.
New Menu Items
Americrown, Kansas Speedway’s official concession provider, offers a great menu selection. Some top choices for 2016 include:
Bon Me Burger – Located at Sparky’s: Section 113 & Carburetor Central: Section 145
A Natural All Beef Burger stacked on top of Sriracha infused pork belly, Asian slaw and topped with a Peanut Butter Thai Sauce
Blazen Beef Wrap – Located at Nacho hut: Section 143 & TexMex Cantina: Section 112
Shaved ribeye with jalapenos, onions and Yancey’s Fancy buffalo wing cheddar cheese wrapped in a warm flour tortilla, served with an A1 aioli
Loaded Tenders – Located at Love Me Tender: Sec 106 & Piston Palace: Section 147
Chili Cheese Tenders: Chili and Shredded Cheddar loaded on top of your favorite chicken tenders with Fries
Fiesta Chicken Tender: Chicken Tenders with Fries topped with Chorizo, White Queso and Pico de Gallo
Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway
The Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway is open 24 hours a day throughout Kansas Speedway’s race weekend. In addition to gaming, Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway offers several dining options (Final Cut Steakhouse, The Epic Buffett, Turn 2 Sports Bar and Restaurant, Hollywood and Grind, and the Marquee Café).
For additional information, visit www.hollywoodcasinokansas.com.
- Drivers who are currently eligible for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup with at least one win this season are Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Carl Edwards.
- Jimmie Johnson has three wins at Kansas Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series after winning here last May. He looks to become the first driver to win four Cup races at Kansas Speedway on May 7 in the Go Bowling 400.
- Kansas Speedway is one of three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series tracks that Kyle Busch has yet to visit Victory Lane. Busch does however, have wins in both the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and NASCAR XFINITY Series at Kansas Speedway.
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Matt Crafton became the first driver in the series to win two series races at Kansas Speedway last year, and looks to defend his win in this year’s Toyota Tundra 250.
- John Hunter Nemechek leads the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series point standings heading into the Toyota Tundra 250. Nemechek is the son of Joe Nemechek, who swept Kansas Speedway’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series/NASCAR XFINITY Series weekend in 2004.
KANSAS SPEEDWAY – POLICY REMINDERS
Bag Inspection Policy
- ALL bags are subject to search prior to entering Kansas Speedway gates.
- Each guest is permitted to bring in one (1) soft-sided cooler or bag up to 14x14x14-inches and one (1) school size backpack. The cooler may have telescoping handles and/or wheels. Please remember that coolers and bags must not block walkways or aisles or obstruct other guests.
- Food and beverage of your choice is permitted; however glass containers are not.
- Strollers are permitted through the gates as long as there is a child to accompany the stroller. Strollers cannot inhibit guest movement or block any aisles. Strollers must be left on the concourse underneath the grandstands and may be secured by the guest to the chain link fence. Strollers ARE NOT permitted in the grandstands. Kansas Speedway is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Guests may also bring in stadium seat cushions without metal tubing, binoculars, blankets, camelbaks, scanners, umbrellas (for rain) and personal cameras. Please do not obstruct other guest’s views while taking photos.
- Glass, stadium seats with metal hooks and/or tubing, pets (service animals are approved), folding chairs, firearms, fireworks and weapons of any kind, thermoses, hard sided coolers, non-clear insulated cups, bicycles and skateboards, and flag poles are not permitted. This list is not an all-inclusive list and all items are subject to inspection and denial upon arrival.
- Please minimize items you bring into Kansas Speedway to speed up the inspection process.
- Expect lines upon entry and allow yourself plenty of time to go through the inspection process.
No Smoking Policy
- There is no smoking in Kansas Speedway’s grandstands; this includes cigarettes, cigars and e-cigarettes.
- Kansas Speedway offers designated areas under the grandstands for smoking.
- Guests who do not adhere to Kansas Speedway’s No Smoking policy in the grandstands are subject to removal from the facility.