Jimmie Johnson Tops the Charts at Kansas Speedway Test
JIMMIE JOHNSON TOPS THE CHARTS AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY TEST
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (Oct. 3, 2012) – After winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup race this past weekend, it looks like Jimmie Johnson wants to make it two in a row as he attempts to win his sixth Sprint Cup championship as he topped the charts at 182.648 mph.
If Johnson is to win his third race at Kansas Speedway, he’ll have to do so by holding off local favorite Carl Edwards, who was second quick in testing today with a speed of 182.531 mph. and Kurt Busch, who is hoping to bring a championship to his single car team, who finished the day with the third fastest speed at 181.971 mph.
Tickets for this weekend’s races are on sale now by calling 866.460.RACE (7223) or logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com. The Hollywood Casino 400 (the fourth race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup) is Sunday and tickets start at $64. The Kansas Lottery 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race is Saturday and the Kansas Lottery 98.9 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards race is tomorrow night, followed by a Sevendust concert. Season ticket holders have access to the Kansas Army National Guard Pre-Race, which features an Everclear concert and driver introductions, with their TrackPass.
Parking is always free at Kansas Speedway and fans can bring in one 14x14x14-inch soft-sided cooler with their favorite food and beverages.
Fans can follow Kansas Speedway on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kansasspeedway or follow us on Twitter (@kansasspeedway).
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Part 1: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series