Kansas Speedway Racing Update
- Two-time Kansas Speedway winner Jimmie Johnson has his eyes on a sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship after winning at Texas yesterday. The win was his second in a row (and fifth of the season) and gave him a seven point edge in the point standings over Brad Keselowski (another former Kansas Speedway winner) with two races remaining.
- Clint Bowyer finished sixth at Texas and is 36 points behind Jimmie Johnson in third place in the point standings.
- Matt Kenseth, who won the 2012 Hollywood Casino 400 at Kansas Speedway, finished fourth at Texas and is currently fifth in the point standings.
- Denny Hamlin, who won the 2012 STP 400 at Kansas Speedway is currently seventh in the point standings.
- Kevin Harvick won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Texas on Saturday.
- Elliott Sadler and Ricky Stenhouse Jr., who won the Kansas Lottery 300 on Oct. 20, 2012, are tied atop the Nationwide Series point standings with two races remaining in the series.
- Johnny Sauter won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Texas on Friday night, his second win of the season.
- James Buescher, who won the 2012 SFP 250 at Kansas Speedway, currently leads the truck series point standings by 15 points over rookie Ty Dillon with two races remaining in the series.
This week’s races: From Phoenix: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series on Sunday at 2 PM CT on ESPN. NASCAR Nationwide Series on Saturday at 2:30 PM CT on ESPN. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series on Friday at 6:30 PM CT on SPEED Channel.
Kansas Speedway’s 2013 Schedule:
April 20: SFP 250, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
April 21: STP 400, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Aug. 16-17: GRAND-AM Road Racing
Oct. 4: Kansas Lottery 98.9, ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards
Oct. 5: Kansas Lottery 300, NASCAR Nationwide Series
Oct. 6: Hollywood Casino 400, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Part 1: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series