The University of Kansas Hospital - Official Healthcare Provider of Kansas Speedway
Leading the field with advanced healthcare
When racers start their engines at Kansas Speedway, The University of Kansas Hospital's expert medical team stands ready to take care of any healthcare needs that arise. The team cares for drivers, crew members and the fans in the stands.
As the region's only nationally verified Level I Trauma Center, the University of Kansas Hospital offers exceptional emergency and trauma services around the clock.
The University of Kansas Hospital has served as the official healthcare provider for Kansas Speedway since the track opened in 2001.
Infield Care Center
- Members of our highly trained medical team operate a fully staffed Infield Care Center for drivers, Kansas Speedway employees and spectators.
- The Infield Care Center includes six medical beds and two trauma beds.
- In trauma situations, medical staff members are able to evacuate injured drivers and transport them by helicopter to the hospital, eight miles away.
- The hospital is home to the regions only nationally verified Level I Trauma Center.
- The hospital is also home to the Gene and Barbara Burnett Burn Center - the only adult and pediatric burn center in greater Kansas City accredited by the American Burn Association and the American College of Surgeons.
- The hospital's Center for Concussion Management experts treat mild-to-severe concussions in adults and young people- whether resulting from accidents or sports injuries.
- The hospital staffs two first-aid stations in the grandstands. Services include care for spectators suffering from heat-related problems and other medical issues.
- Hundreds of spectators and staff seek medical attention each race weekend.
- More than 40 doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals from The University of Kansas Hospital's Emergency Department provide care at Kansas Speedway during a typical event.
Learn more about services provided by The University of Kansas Hospital
- Call 913.588.1227
- Click here to visit their website.