Richmond, Va. (April 14, 2019) – For anyone wondering what is wrong with Martin Truex this year, Truex emphatically answered that question at Richmond – nothing. Truex took home the checkered flag for the first time at Richmond Raceway, and it was his first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race this season with his new team, Joe Gibbs Racing.
“I’ve always enjoyed this track,” said Truex. “To win here in the Toyota Owners 400 is huge. We’ve been chipping away at it and hopefully we can get better from here on out.”
Truex led a race high 186 laps on his way to his 20th career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series win. Joey Logano finished second, followed by Clint Bowyer, Kevin Harvick and Denny Hamlin.
Truex is the fifth different winner in nine races this season.
The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series is off this weekend.
- NASCAR and Penn National Gaming Expand Strategic Alliance With Wide-Reaching Gaming Partnership
- Kyle Busch Wins Second Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship
- Harvick takes third straight Texas win
- DENNY HAMLIN WINS, DRAMA ENSUES FOR FINAL PLAYOFF SPOTS
- BRANDON JONES HOLDS OFF PLAYOFF CONTENDERS FOR FIRST WIN IN KANSAS LOTTERY 300