Las Vegas (March 3, 2019) – Joey Logano’s win at Las Vegas was the 22 tri-fecta: He won the 22nd annual Pennzoil 400 in the No. 22 and it was his 22nd career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series win.
Kevin Harvick, who was the defending race winner, started from the pole and led 63 of the first 80 laps, winning the first stage. Kyle Busch, Logano, Denny Hamlin and Erik Jones rounded out the Top Five after stage one.
Kyle Busch, who was going for a sweep of the weekend, finally took his first lead of the day on lap 120 but just a few laps later was penalized for speeding on pit road.
After another round of green flag pit stops, Joey Logano took the lead on lap 150 and held on to it to win the second stage. He was followed by Harvick, Martin Truex, Brad Keselowski and Hamlin.
During the next 40 laps, Logano, Harvick, Keselowski and Kurt Busch all had the lead at some point. Logano took the lead from Keselowski with 10 laps to go and survived a final challenge from Keselowski to hold on for the win.
Kyle Busch, who at one point was in 19th and close to going a lap down, battled back for a third-place finish.
- NASCAR and Penn National Gaming Expand Strategic Alliance With Wide-Reaching Gaming Partnership
- Kyle Busch Wins Second Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship
- Harvick takes third straight Texas win
- DENNY HAMLIN WINS, DRAMA ENSUES FOR FINAL PLAYOFF SPOTS
- BRANDON JONES HOLDS OFF PLAYOFF CONTENDERS FOR FIRST WIN IN KANSAS LOTTERY 300