KANSAS CITY, Kan. (Jan. 10, 2018) – Kansas Speedway’s Vice President, Operations Darren Cook, and Senior Manager, Event Operations and Logistics Greg Scott were recognized by NASCAR at the 18th annual NASCAR Safety and Operations Summit for their outstanding performance with Kansas Speedway’s security on event weekends.
“For NASCAR to recognize Darren and Greg for all of their security related measures around our NASCAR race weekends, is a great accomplishment,” said Kansas Speedway President Patrick Warren. “They both work extremely hard to help keep fans, competitors and staff safe throughout our events.”
Kansas Speedway, a premier motorsports facility in the Midwest, hosts two NASCAR race weekends a year, in addition to hosting approximately 200 other events throughout the year. Kansas Speedway’s first race weekend of the season is May 11-12 with the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series under the lights. In the fall, the NASCAR playoffs return Oct. 20-21 with the NASCAR XFINITY Series and Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. Also in the fall is the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards series finale. To purchase tickets, call 866.460.RACE (7223) or log onto www.kansaspeedway.com.
General parking is always free at Kansas Speedway and fans can bring in one 14x14x14-inch soft-sided cooler with their favorite food and beverages.
Fans can follow Kansas Speedway on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kansasspeedway, follow us on Twitter (@kansasspeedway), on Instagram (kansasspeedway) and Snapchat (kansasspeedway).
- KANSAS SPEEDWAY ANNOUNCES 2019 START TIMES, NETWORKS FOR MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES RACES
- Jackpot! Chase Elliott becomes youngest Cup Series winner at Kansas Speedway
- JOHN HUNTER NEMECHEK CELEBRATES KANSAS LOTTERY 300 WIN
- SHELDON CREED WINS KANSAS 150 AND ARCA RACING SERIES PRESENTED BY MENARDS CHAMPIONSHIP
- FIVE-TIME GOLD GLOVER ALEX GORDON NAMED HONORARY PACE CAR DRIVER FOR HOLLYWOOD CASINO 400