GRAND-AM ROAD RACING SEASON KICKS OFF THIS WEEKEND IN DAYTONA
Porsches, Ferraris, BMWs, Corvettes, Mustangs and Daytona Prototypes are among the cars fans will see this weekend when GRAND-AM Road Racing takes to the track for the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona. And fans can see these same cars compete on Kansas Speedway’s new infield road course for the first GRAND-AM Road Racing events Aug. 16-17.
Fans may also recognize some Kansas Speedway regulars taking part in this weekend’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, including NASCAR drivers Clint Bowyer, Jamie McMurray, Juan Pablo Montoya, Marcos Ambrose and AJ Allmendinger. NASCAR team owner Michael Waltrip is also scheduled to compete in the race.
Two drivers from Wichita, Kan., compete in the Rolex 24 this weekend as well. Mike Vess, the chairman and managing owner of Vess Oil, and Grant Phipps, a Wichita-area dentist, will compete in the No. 72 Park Place Motorsports Porsche entry. Vess is making his debut in the race and Phipps is making his second appearance in the Rolex 24.
Other notes of interest:
- Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas are back to defend their 2012 Rolex Sports Car Series DP title for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates. The team will be looking for their fourth consecutive DP title this year.
- The GX Series will be making its debut for GRAND-AM in the Rolex Series. It includes Porsches and Mazda 6s.
- In the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series, Jack Roush Jr. and Billy Johnson will be looking to defend their win at last year’s Daytona race. Their Roush Performance teammate Shelby Blackstock, the son of superstar actress/singer Reba McEntire, finished 10th at Daytona last year.
- Also in the Continental Challenge Series, David Empringham and John Farano return to defend their GS title, while Pierre Kleinubing is back to defend his ST championship.
Two-day tickets to Kansas Speedway’s GRAND-AM events are currently on sale for $60 and fans can upgrade their experience with a paddock pass, which allows access into the garages, for just $30 for both days. Until April 1, Kansas Speedway season tickets holders can purchase their two-day GRAND-AM tickets for just $30, and it includes a free paddock pass.
Kansas Speedway season tickets, which are currently on sale, include both NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races (April 21 and Oct. 6), the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race (April 20), and the NASCAR Nationwide Series race (Oct. 5), along with a TrackPass, which allows you up close access to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver introductions, the pre-race concert, and much more! Tickets can be purchased by logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com or calling 866.460.RACE (7223).
Individual race tickets are also on sale now by calling 866.460.RACE (7223) or logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com. Kansas Speedway’s 2013 season includes two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series the NASCAR Nationwide Series, the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards (Oct. 4) and new in 2013, GRAND-AM Road Racing (Aug. 16-17).
Parking is always free at Kansas Speedway and fans can bring in one 14x14x14-inch soft-sided cooler with their favorite food and beverages.
Fans can follow Kansas Speedway on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kansasspeedway or follow us on Twitter (@kansasspeedway).
- Kansas Speedway Hosting Two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Weekends in 2015
- Drowning Pool Playing 98.9 The Rock's Low Dough Show at Kansas Speedway
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women's History Museum
- Joey Logano Trains with MLS Champs Sporting Kansas City
- YEAH! JOE NICHOLS PERFORMING PRE-RACE CONCERT AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY