NEWS AND NOTES FROM KANSAS SPEEDWAY RACE WEEKEND – OCT. 19, 2012
- Race fans that braved the windy weather this afternoon have been treated to lots of action on the track and have seen three racing series on the track today – the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards, the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
- All 46 Sprint Cup series cars who made laps in practice today ran faster than the previous track qualifying record set by Matt Kenseth in 2005 at 180.856 mph.
- Emporia, Kan. native Clint Bowyer was 12th fastest in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice. His fastest lap was 189.573 mph.
- Greg Biffle set the fastest lap in Sprint Cup practice at 191.313 mph followed by Joey Logano at 191.002 mph.
- Logano set the fastest lap in the final NASCAR Nationwide Series practice at 182.692 mph followed by Paul Menard and Kenny Wallace who both ran their fastest lap at 181.702 mph.
- Will Kimmel set the fastest lap in ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards practice at 183.287 mph followed by championship contender Brennan Poole at 183.175 mph.
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
- 2015 ARCA Champion to be Crowned Under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
- Championship Four Move on to Homestead
- Gordon and Keselowski Have at It in Texas
- Logano goes to Gatorade Victory Lane after a wild race in Kansas