KENSETH BETS WINNING HAND IN HOLLYWOOD CASINO 400
Matt Kenseth took advantage of his testing time at Kansas Speedway and visited Victory Lane for the first time in the Hollywood Casino 400 today. The win was Kenseth’s third this season and second in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
Kenseth was one of nine drivers who visited Kansas Speedway in late August to conduct a tire test for Goodyear and saw the newly reconfigured pavement after it had recently been finished. This week, he joined other NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams at the facility for two days of testing at Kansas Speedway to continue to become familiar with the new variable banking.
“It (the win) really means a lot,” said an emotional Kenseth in victory lane. “I have to thank God for all of the opportunities and guidance. I (also) want to thank Jack Roush, Robbie Reiser and Mark Martin; without those guys I would have never been at Roush Fenway Racing.”
While drivers aren’t usually fans of changes or track repaves, Kansas Speedway’s new surface has gotten favorable reviews.
"Once the outside got working, it was actually pretty darn good,” said Truex. “It's going to be a cool race track here in the future, and they did a great job with it."
“It wasn’t one line single file around the bottom like a lot of repaves,” said third place finisher Menard. “The second groove burned in. Even the third groove came in today. For a first race on a repaved track, I thought the track came in really well.”
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
- 2015 ARCA Champion to be Crowned Under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
- Championship Four Move on to Homestead