Sept. 4 Weekly Update
- Denny Hamlin won the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Atlanta this past weekend.
- Ten drivers have clinched spots in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Greg Biffle, Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Martin Truex Jr., Denny Hamlin, Clint Bowyer, Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Brad Keselowski. There are two spots remaining heading into this weekend’s race at Richmond.
- It was announced this week that Matt Kenseth will be joining Joe Gibbs Racing in 2013 in the No. 20 and Joey Logano will be moving to Penske Racing next year in the No. 22.
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Atlanta this past weekend.
- Elliott Sadler leads the Nationwide Series point standings by 12 over Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Sam Hornish Jr. is third, 32 points behind Sadler.
- Travis Pastrana is scheduled to drive the No. 60 in the NASCAR Nationwide Series this weekend at Richmond.
- Ty Dillon won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Atlanta this past weekend.
- Timothy Peters leads the Truck Series point standings by six points over James Buescher, who won at Kansas Speedway earlier this season. Rookie Ty Dillon is third in the standings, nine points behind Peters.
- The ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards race this past weekend was rained out and will be contested five days before the season finale at Kansas Speedway.
This week’s races: From Richmond: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at 6 PM CT on Saturday on ABC. NASCAR Nationwide Series at 6 PM CT on Friday night on ESPN.
- Kansas City Native Wins NASCAR Humanitarian Award, Kansas Speedway Matching $100,000 Donation
- 2013 NASCAR Season Recap
- Turn on the Lights! Kansas Speedway Awarded Night Race in 2014
- Happy Harvick Wins Hollywood Casino 400
- Matt Kenseth Continues Kansas Speedway Domination with Win in Kansas Lottery 300