Kansas Speedway Weekly Racing Update
- Two-time Kansas Speedway winner Greg Biffle won the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Michigan yesterday. Biffle now leads the Cup series point standings by 20 points over teammate Matt Kenseth.
- Carl Edwards finished sixth at Michigan and Clint Bowyer finished seventh. Bowyer remains in seventh in the point standings, 66 points behind Biffle. Edwards is currently 11th in the point standings, but without a win his chances of making the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup are growing dimmer.
- Justin Allgaier won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Montreal this past weekend.
- Elliott Sadler leads Sam Hornish Jr. and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. by 22 points in the Nationwide Series point standings.
- Nelson Piquet Jr. won his first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Michigan this past weekend.
- Timothy Peters and Ty Dillon are tied for the point lead in the Truck Series standings.
- Two time ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards Kansas Speedway winner Frank Kimmel won the ARCA race at Springfield (Ill.) this past weekend.
- Chris Buescher leads the ARCA point standings, but Frank Kimmel is just 15 points behind in second. ARCA will crown their champion at Kansas Speedway on Oct. 19 following the Kansas Lottery 98.9.
- Defending series champions Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas posted a dominating victory in Saturday’s GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series race, padding their lead to eighteen points with just two races remaining on the 2012 schedule as they bid for a third straight Daytona Prototype title. Ryan Dalziel (dee-YAW) now trails Pruett and Rojas by eighteen points after his eighth-place finish Sunday.
This week’s races: From Bristol: The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series on Saturday at 6:30 PM CT on ABC. The NASCAR Nationwide Series. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series on Wednesday at 7 PM CT on SPEED. From Madison International Speedway: ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards on Saturday at 2 PM CT on ARCAracing.com.
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Part 1: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series