Kansas Speedway Weekly Racing Update
• Marcos Ambrose won the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Watkins Glen yesterday, his second straight win at The Glen, by holding off 2011 STP 400 at Kansas Speedway winner Brad Keselowski.
• With a third-place finish yesterday, two-time Kansas Speedway winner Jimmie Johnson took over the points lead by one point over Greg Biffle, who also has two wins at Kansas Speedway.
• Clint Bowyer finished fourth at The Glen and jumped to seventh in the point standings with four races remaining before the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup begins. Kansas Speedway hosts the sixth race in the Chase on Oct. 21 with the Hollywood Casino 400.
• Sam Hornish Jr. had a great weekend pulling double duty at The Glen. On Sunday, he finished fifth in the Cup race and in the Nationwide race, he finished third. Hornish is now third in the Nationwide Series point standings.
• Carl Edwards made a successful return to the NASCAR Nationwide Series this past weekend at Watkins Glen. In his first start in the series this year, Edwards took the lead on a late restart and went on to claim the victory.
• Elliott Sadler continues to lead the Nationwide Series point standings by 13 over Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
• Chris Buescher won the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards race at Berlin this past weekend. Buescher is now the series point leader by 35 over Brennan Poole.
• Frank Kimmel, who has three wins in two different series at Kansas Speedway, finished second in the ARCA race and is in third place in the point standings, 70 points behind Buescher.
• Ryan Dalziel (dee-YAW) led a one-two sweep for Starworks Motorsport on Saturday at Watkins Glen International, leading teammate Sebastien Bourdais to the finish of the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series race. Dalziel pulled away from Bourdais on the final restart of the race with just four laps remaining, recording the first one-two sweep in team history. The win drew Dalziel to within six points of championship leaders Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas with just three races remaining. Pruett and Rojas finished third on Saturday.
This week’s races: From Michigan: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series on Sunday at Noon CT on ESPN. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series on Saturday at 11 AM CT on SPEED. From Montreal: NASCAR Nationwide Series on Saturday at 1:30 PM CT on ESPN2. From Illinois State Fairgrounds: ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards on Sunday at Noon CT on ARCARacing.com.
Kansas Speedway Notes:
• Kansas Speedway will be hosting tire testing Aug. 28-29 and it is open and free to the public.
• Tickets for all of Kansas Speedway’s remaining events are on sale and can be purchased by calling 866.460.RACE (7223) or by logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com.
Kansas Speedway Schedule:
Oct. 19 – ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards Kansas Lottery 98.9 – it’s the season finale for the series! Race time: 7:30 PM CT
Oct. 19 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying day
Oct. 20 – NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300; race time: 2:30 PM CT
Oct. 21 – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Hollywood Casino 400 (sixth race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup); race time: 1 PM CT
- First Race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Shakes up the Old Guard
- Chase Notebook: Chicagoland
- NASCAR DRIVERS VISITING KANSAS SPEEDWAY’S FAN HOSPITALITY AREA
- Kansas Speedway Offering Ticket Package Upgrades for Hollywood Casino 400 Weekend
- Larson Honors Late Friend Following First NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory