Kansas Speedway Weekly Racing Update
- 2012 STP 400 at Kansas Speedway winner Denny Hamlin won at Bristol this past weekend, his third win of the season and making him one of the frontrunners for the number one seed in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
- Two-time Kansas Speedway winner Greg Biffle continues to lead the Sprint Cup Series point standings, leading another two-time Kansas Speedway winner, Jimmie Johnson, by 11 points.
- Greg Biffle, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. all clinched a spot in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup this past weekend. Kansas Speedway hosts the sixth race in the Chase on Oct. 21 with the Hollywood Casino 400.
- Clint Bowyer finished seventh at Bristol and moved into sixth place in the point standings with two races remaining until the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup begins.
- Carl Edwards is 12th in the point standings and Jamie McMurray is 19th in the point standings.
- Joey Logano won his sixth NASCAR Nationwide Series race of the season this past weekend at Bristol. Logano has two Nationwide Series wins at Kansas Speedway.
- Elliott Sadler continues to lead the Nationwide Series point standings by 19 over Ricky Stenhouse Jr., while Sam Hornish Jr. is third, 28 points behind Sadler.
- Timothy Peters won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Bristol this past week. Peters dominated the race, leading all 204 laps.
- Timothy Peters leads the truck series point standings by 17 over James Buescher, who won the SFP 250 truck series race at Kansas Speedway this year. Buescher was third in points entering the evening. Ty Dillon, who entered the race tied for the points lead, is now third, 25 points behind Peters.
- Chris Buescher withstood challenges from two former Kansas Speedway ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards winners in Frank Kimmel and Alex Bowman to win his fourth ARCA race of the season and increase his point lead over Kimmel to 60 points.
This week’s races: From Atlanta: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series on Sunday at 6:30 PM CT on ESPN. NASCAR Nationwide Series on Saturday at 6:00 PM CT on ESPN2. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series on Friday at 6:30 PM CT on SPEED. From DuQuoin, Ill: ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards on Monday at 1 PM CT at ARCARacing.com.
- Midwest Balloon Festival Announces Move to Kansas Speedway
- Kansas Speedway, Toyota Extend Partnership
- Rising Country Artist Brett Eldredge Performing Pre-Race Concert for Kansas 400
- 2014 International Motor Sports Association Season Begins January 25 with Rolex 24 at Daytona
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jean Ann Bowman with Award of Excellence