Racing Update - July 23
• Elliott Sadler won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Chicagoland yesterday. Sadler now leads the Series point standings by 11 over his teammate Austin Dillon.
• James Buescher, who won the SFP 250 at Kansas Speedway earlier this year, won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Chicagoland this past weekend. The win was Buescher’s third of the season.
• Timothy Peters leads the Truck Series point standings by 23 points over rookie Ty Dillon.
• Kevin Swindell won the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards race at Chicagoland this past weekend, leading all 100 laps.
• Chris Buescher leads the ARCA point standings by 35 over Brennan Poole.
A Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Note: The last six Kansas Speedway Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup races have been won by the same three drivers, in the same order. In 2006 and 2009, Tony Stewart went to Victory Lane. In 2007 and 2010, Greg Biffle took home the victory. In 2008 and 2011, Jimmie Johnson won.
This week’s races: From Indianapolis: The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series on Sunday at 11 AM CT on ESPN. The NASCAR Nationwide Series on Saturday at 3 PM CT on ESPN. At Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis – The ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards on Friday at 8 PM CT on SPEED.
Kansas Speedway Notes:
• Tickets for all of Kansas Speedway’s remaining events are on sale and can be purchased by calling 866.460.RACE (7223) or by logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com.
Kansas Speedway Schedule:
Oct. 19 – ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards Kansas Lottery 98.9 – it’s the season finale for the series! Race time: 7:30 PM CT
Oct. 19 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying day
Oct. 20 – NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300; race time: 2:30 PM CT
Oct. 21 – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Hollywood Casino 400 (sixth race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup); race time: 1 PM CT
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Part 1: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series