Peters and Bowman Victorious in Iowa
“We just launched really well, and got a really good restart and beat him to the corner for a good start in Turn 1,” said Peters. “He couldn’t get by, I was sitting there praying that the caution wouldn’t come out.”
Matt Crafton finished third followed by former Kansas Speedway winner Johnny Sauter and Justin Lofton.
2012 SFP 250 winner James Buescher led the most laps in Iowa, but hit the wall in Turn 2 when his truck blew a right-front tire on lap 135.
With the victory, Peters extended his points lead to 12 points over Lofton, Ty Dillon is currently third, and Buescher and Parker Kligerman round out the top five.
In ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards racing action, Alex Bowman led the final 51 laps to win in Iowa this past weekend.
Several caution flags flew in the closing laps in Iowa, but the 2011 Kansas Lottery 98.9 winner managed to pull away from his competition every time and beat Grant Enfinger to the checkered by 0.662-second.
Chris Buescher maintained his lead in the ARCA point standings by 45 points over Brennan Poole. Bowman is currently third while Frank Kimmel and Chad Hackenbracht round out the top five.
The finale for the ARCA Racing Series 2012 season will be under the lights at Kansas Speedway on October 19. Tickets to the Kansas Lottery 98.9 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards race are on sale now. Parking is always free at Kansas Speedway and fans can bring their own food and drink into the grandstands in a 14x14x14-inch soft-sided coo
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Part 1: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series