Racing Kicks Off At Kansas Speedway
Kansas Speedway's 2012 racing season got off to a windy start today as teams from the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series prepare for the SFP 250 and STP 400, respectively.
Kyle Busch led the way in the first practice, while two-time Kansas Speedway champion Jimmie Johnson led the second practice of the day for Sprint Cup Series teams.
In the Truck Series, Joey Coulter was first in the morning practice, while James Buescher topped the charts in the final practice for the SFP 250.
For the Cup drivers, the big question of the day didn't focus on how they would do in this weekend's STP 400 but rather on their opinions of Kansas Speedway's scheduled repave, which will begin on April 22 following the STP 400 and be completed in time for this October's Hollywood Casino 400.
While the opinions have varied depending on how a driver has done on the track, the one thing they all agree on -- they all want to be in Victory Lane.
Both series return to the track tomorrow as they qualify for their respective races and the truck series SFP 250 starts at 1 PM and tickets are available at the gate. Tickets for Sunday's STP 400 are still available as well.
- Kansas Speedway Hosting Two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Weekends in 2015
- Drowning Pool Playing 98.9 The Rock's Low Dough Show at Kansas Speedway
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women's History Museum
- Joey Logano Trains with MLS Champs Sporting Kansas City
- YEAH! JOE NICHOLS PERFORMING PRE-RACE CONCERT AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY