Johnson Hits the Jackpot at Kansas Speedway
If they were playing poker, 42 drivers would have folded as Jimmie Johnson dominated the Hollywood Casino 400 today, leading 197 laps on his way to his second win at Kansas Speedway.
Johnson’s only challenge of the race came on a green-white-checkered restart as Kasey Kahne made a charge to the front but came up short.
Johnson said he enjoys racing at Kansas Speedway and credits the track for his success, “There are a lot of good lines to choose from on the track. Trying different lines, different techniques there are a lot of good things you can do at this track.”
Brad Keselowski finished third and Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards rounded out the top five. With a strong finish, Edwards took over the point lead and is currently one point ahead of Kevin Harvick. Johnson is just four points behind as he tries to capture his sixth consecutive championship. Keselowski, the STP 400 winner at Kansas Speedway earlier this year, made a jump to fourth in the championship.
The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup continues this weekend at Charlotte on Saturday night.
- Kevin Harvick wins Hollywood Casino 400
- KYLE BUSCH WINS THIRD STRAIGHT KANSAS LOTTERY 300
- BRISCOE WINS KANSAS 150 AND ARCA CHAMPIONSHIP
- Artist Cole Swindell named Honorary Starter for Hollywood Casino 400
- KANSAS CITY ROYALS CATCHER DREW BUTERA NAMED HONORARY PACE CAR DRIVER FOR HOLLYWOOD CASINO 400