Johnson Hits the Jackpot at Kansas Speedway
If they were playing poker, 42 drivers would have folded as Jimmie Johnson dominated the Hollywood Casino 400 today, leading 197 laps on his way to his second win at Kansas Speedway.
Johnson’s only challenge of the race came on a green-white-checkered restart as Kasey Kahne made a charge to the front but came up short.
Johnson said he enjoys racing at Kansas Speedway and credits the track for his success, “There are a lot of good lines to choose from on the track. Trying different lines, different techniques there are a lot of good things you can do at this track.”
Brad Keselowski finished third and Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards rounded out the top five. With a strong finish, Edwards took over the point lead and is currently one point ahead of Kevin Harvick. Johnson is just four points behind as he tries to capture his sixth consecutive championship. Keselowski, the STP 400 winner at Kansas Speedway earlier this year, made a jump to fourth in the championship.
The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup continues this weekend at Charlotte on Saturday night.
- Nickelodeon Announces Entitlement Sponsorship of SpongeBob SquarePants 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kansas Speedway, May 9
- Kasey Kahne Appearing at the Finish Line on May 9
- Kansas Speedway Season Ticketholders Headed to Daytona 500
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit