Johnson Hits the Jackpot at Kansas Speedway
If they were playing poker, 42 drivers would have folded as Jimmie Johnson dominated the Hollywood Casino 400 today, leading 197 laps on his way to his second win at Kansas Speedway.
Johnson’s only challenge of the race came on a green-white-checkered restart as Kasey Kahne made a charge to the front but came up short.
Johnson said he enjoys racing at Kansas Speedway and credits the track for his success, “There are a lot of good lines to choose from on the track. Trying different lines, different techniques there are a lot of good things you can do at this track.”
Brad Keselowski finished third and Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards rounded out the top five. With a strong finish, Edwards took over the point lead and is currently one point ahead of Kevin Harvick. Johnson is just four points behind as he tries to capture his sixth consecutive championship. Keselowski, the STP 400 winner at Kansas Speedway earlier this year, made a jump to fourth in the championship.
The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup continues this weekend at Charlotte on Saturday night.
- Former drivers at Kansas Speedway prepare for Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Carl Edwards Steps Away from Driving Full-Time in NASCAR
- Race Review: Harvick’s “Homerun” at Kansas Speedway Highlights Hollywood Casino 400
- Race Review: Kyle Busch Wins Again at Kansas Speedway
- RACE REVIEW: CHASE BRISCOE SOLIDIFIES CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON WITH WIN AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY