Bowman Shines Bright under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
A crowd in excess of 20,000 gathered under the nighttime Kansas sky to watch the first ever race under the lights at the 11-year-old facility. It was an 18-year-old rising star, Alex Bowman, who shined the brightest claiming his second win in as many starts this season.
Bowman jumped to the lead with just two laps remaining in the Kansas Lottery 98.9, passing another rising driver, Chris Buescher, who finished second. Rounding out the top-five was Grant Enfinger, Max Gresham and Cale Gale. Points leader Ty Dillon had a strong run going before being involved in a late race incident and ended up seventh.
“It was pretty neat, having the opportunity to run the first night race here, it definitely means a lot” said Bowman.
Dillon – who will claim the ARCA Championship title by simply taking the green-flag in Toledo, OH on October 16th- agreed with Bowman. “The track looked great under the lights.”
Tickets still remain for this weekend's Kansas Lottery 300 and Hollywood Casino 400 and can be purchased by calling 866.460.RACE (7223) or by logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com.
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Part 1: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series