NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Driver Ryan Newman Meets with Soldiers at Kansas Speedway
If the USO is looking for a comedian for its next tour, it should consider contacting NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Ryan Newman. Newman, who was at Kansas Speedway today to promote the Oct. 9 Hollywood Casino 400, put on a comedy show of sorts for soldiers from Ft. Riley, Kan. and some lucky Kansas Speedway fans during a Q&A session.
Newman’s quick wit had the soldiers and fans laughing throughout the 30 minute session.
The answer that may have given everyone the biggest laugh was in response on how to win the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Newman replied, “Follow Jimmie Johnson.”
Newman answered questions about his sprint car background to what are the names of his five dogs to who is the nicest driver on the circuit before posing with photos with the soldiers and Miss Sprint Cup, who was on hand to moderate the Q&A session.
Remaining 2011 events at Kansas Speedway include the Hollywood Casino 400 on Oct. 9, the Kansas Lottery 300 on Oct. 8 and the Kansas Lottery 98.9 on Oct. 7 and tickets for all events are on sale now by calling 866.460.RACE (7223) or by logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com. Parking is always free at Kansas Speedway and fans can bring in one 14x14x14-inch soft-sided cooler with their favorite food and beverages.
- Kurt Busch added to the Finish Line, Kansas Speedway's Fan Hospitality
- March of Dimes Bikers for Babies 20th Annual Ride to Save Lives
- Allmendinger Visits Kansas City for Chase Across North America Media Tour
- Kansas Speedway Hosting Two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Weekends in 2015
- Drowning Pool Playing 98.9 The Rock's Low Dough Show at Kansas Speedway