Rock Band Jackyl Performing Post Race Concert at Kansas Speedway
As part of a Low Dough promotion with 98.9 The Rock that includes the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards Kansas Lottery 98.9, Jackyl will perform on Oct. 7 after the race in the Corporate Display area. Tickets for the Kansas Lottery 98.9 include the concert.
The Georgia-based band, who has toured with Aerosmith, Kiss, ZZ Top, Ted Nugent and others throughout their career, is best known for the song “The Lumberjack,” which features a chainsaw used by lead singer Jesse James Dupree during the song. The band’s self-titled first album, released in 1992, went platinum and included songs “When Will It Rain” and “Down to Me.”
The group’s sound combines hard rock, heavy metal and southern rock and they released their latest album, “When Moonshine and Dynamite Collide” last year.
Dupree and his band mates can currently be seen on TruTv’s hit show “Full Throttle Saloon,” a reality show featuring the famous South Dakota bar during the annual Sturgis bike rally.
Remaining 2011 events at Kansas Speedway include the Hollywood Casino 400 on Oct. 9, the Kansas Lottery 300 on Oct. 8 and the Kansas Lottery 98.9 on Oct. 7 and tickets for all events are on sale now by calling 866.460.RACE (7223) or by logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com. Parking is always free at Kansas Speedway and fans can bring in one 14x14x14-inch soft-sided cooler with their favorite food and beverages.
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
- 2015 ARCA Champion to be Crowned Under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
- Championship Four Move on to Homestead