NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES HAULER PARADE IN THE VILLAGE WEST AREA KICKS OFF CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP WEEKEND AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY
For the first time, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series haulers will participate in a hauler parade in Kansas City, Kansas’ Village West area on Thursday, Oct. 6 before heading to Kansas Speedway’s infield for the Hollywood Casino 400, the fourth race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
The hauler parade kicks off the 5th annual Parade of Heroes, which features vintage military vehicles, local marching bands and fire and police departments. Parade of Heroes is presented each year by the Village West Rotary Club and honors men and women in uniform – soldiers, police, fire and our veterans.
“The hauler parade is the perfect way to kick off our October NASCAR race weekend and is a great opportunity for us to partner with the Parade of Heroes to add another element to their event,” said Kansas Speedway President Pat Warren. “This is a chance for families to come out and see the NASCAR haulers as they bring the race cars to Kansas Speedway for the Hollywood Casino 400.”
The parade will start at 5:45 PM with over 40 NASCAR haulers expected to participate. The parade will begin on Speedway Blvd, before turning onto Village West Parkway through The Legends. The haulers will turn onto Stadium Drive before turning left onto 110th Street and heading into Kansas Speedway for the weekend. Parking is available in Village West.
Haulers by the Numbers:
- A typical NASCAR team hauler measures 72 feet in length
- The trailer itself is 53 feet in length
- They hold a 150 gallon fuel tank on each side
- Each hauler stores two cars
- Haulers and their drivers travel 70,000-75,000 miles per year
Remaining 2011 events at Kansas Speedway include the Hollywood Casino 400 on Oct. 9, the Kansas Lottery 300 on Oct. 8 and the Kansas Lottery 98.9 on Oct. 7 and tickets for all events are on sale now by calling 866.460.RACE (7223) or by logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com. Parking is always free at Kansas Speedway and fans can bring in one 14x14x14-inch soft-sided cooler with their favorite food and beverages.
- Midwest Balloon Festival Announces Move to Kansas Speedway
- Kansas Speedway, Toyota Extend Partnership
- Rising Country Artist Brett Eldredge Performing Pre-Race Concert for Kansas 400
- 2014 International Motor Sports Association Season Begins January 25 with Rolex 24 at Daytona
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jean Ann Bowman with Award of Excellence