Recap of Practice Day
The first laps have been made at Kansas Speedway as NASCAR’s finest took to the track logging the first laps of the inaugural Spring Sprint Cup Series weekend at the track.
In Sprint Cup practice No. 1, two-time and defending Kansas winner Greg Biffle posted the fastest lap with an average speed of 169.189 mph. In Cup practice No. 2 Joe Gibbs Racing driver Joey Logano was fastest, reaching the quickest speed of the day at 170.175 mph.
In NASCAR Camping World Truck series practice No. 1, past Kansas Speedway winner Todd Bodine was fastest, reaching a speed of 164.936 mph. Austin Dillon was fastest in practice No. 2 with an average speed of 164.539 mph.
The Camping World Truck Series drivers also met fans in the Sprint Fan Walk. Fans had the opportunity to visit with their favorite truck drivers and have them sign their souvenirs.
The first day has gotten the weekend off to a great start. Fans should come bright and early tomorrow for a Q&A with Richard Petty in the Sprint Fan Walk and stay for an action packed day of Sprint Cup Qualifying and truck racing. Tickets are available at Kansas Speedway.
- Nickelodeon Announces Entitlement Sponsorship of SpongeBob SquarePants 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kansas Speedway, May 9
- Kasey Kahne Appearing at the Finish Line on May 9
- Kansas Speedway Season Ticketholders Headed to Daytona 500
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit