Recap of Practice Day
The first laps have been made at Kansas Speedway as NASCAR’s finest took to the track logging the first laps of the inaugural Spring Sprint Cup Series weekend at the track.
In Sprint Cup practice No. 1, two-time and defending Kansas winner Greg Biffle posted the fastest lap with an average speed of 169.189 mph. In Cup practice No. 2 Joe Gibbs Racing driver Joey Logano was fastest, reaching the quickest speed of the day at 170.175 mph.
In NASCAR Camping World Truck series practice No. 1, past Kansas Speedway winner Todd Bodine was fastest, reaching a speed of 164.936 mph. Austin Dillon was fastest in practice No. 2 with an average speed of 164.539 mph.
The Camping World Truck Series drivers also met fans in the Sprint Fan Walk. Fans had the opportunity to visit with their favorite truck drivers and have them sign their souvenirs.
The first day has gotten the weekend off to a great start. Fans should come bright and early tomorrow for a Q&A with Richard Petty in the Sprint Fan Walk and stay for an action packed day of Sprint Cup Qualifying and truck racing. Tickets are available at Kansas Speedway.
- Update on the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Standings
- Times for Kansas Speedway's 2017 NASCAR Races Set
- Great Options Remain For Adding To Your Race Day
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase