Up Next, NASCAR?
Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco got a taste of NASCAR today to add to his offseason list that already includes bull riding and a tryout with Kansas City’s Major League Soccer team, Sporting Kansas City.
“People don’t understand how much skill and danger is involved,” said Ochocinco. “It’s a game of inches, and we were out there by ourselves. I can’t imagine what it’s like with 30, 40 other guys out there.”
Veteran NASCAR driver Jeff Burton, who has won a Nationwide Series race at Kansas Speedway, took Ochocinco full speed around Atlanta Motor Speedway and afterwards the Bengals wide receiver attempted pit stops with Burton’s crew.
“It’s so cool that someone who has dedicated his life to one sport is able to show people what it is like in another sport,” said Burton. “It was a great experience for him, and it gave us some great exposure for our sport.”
- KANSAS SPEEDWAY OFFERING FREE YOUTH TICKETS IN 2017 FOR THE CAMPING WORLD AND XFINITY RACES
- Ben Kennedy Picks Up First Career NASCAR Win
- Frequently Asked Questions: Operation Octane
- Kansas Speedway, Tickets For Less Form Partnership
- DRAG RACING COMES TO KANSAS SPEEDWAY WITH OPERATION OCTANE