Up Next, NASCAR?
Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco got a taste of NASCAR today to add to his offseason list that already includes bull riding and a tryout with Kansas City’s Major League Soccer team, Sporting Kansas City.
“People don’t understand how much skill and danger is involved,” said Ochocinco. “It’s a game of inches, and we were out there by ourselves. I can’t imagine what it’s like with 30, 40 other guys out there.”
Veteran NASCAR driver Jeff Burton, who has won a Nationwide Series race at Kansas Speedway, took Ochocinco full speed around Atlanta Motor Speedway and afterwards the Bengals wide receiver attempted pit stops with Burton’s crew.
“It’s so cool that someone who has dedicated his life to one sport is able to show people what it is like in another sport,” said Burton. “It was a great experience for him, and it gave us some great exposure for our sport.”
- Former drivers at Kansas Speedway prepare for Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Carl Edwards Steps Away from Driving Full-Time in NASCAR
- Race Review: Harvick’s “Homerun” at Kansas Speedway Highlights Hollywood Casino 400
- Race Review: Kyle Busch Wins Again at Kansas Speedway
- RACE REVIEW: CHASE BRISCOE SOLIDIFIES CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON WITH WIN AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY