Ty Dillon earns another ARCA win at MIS
In his first start at Michigan, Ty Dillon won the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards race this past weekend. The victory marked Dillon’s fourth ARCA win of the season.
“All the wins are special to me, but it’s awesome to win at Michigan in a Chevy,” said Dillon, who won the ARCA race at Kansas Speedway in 2010.
Dillon took over the lead after a late caution for Cale Gale, who blew a tire and hit the Turn Four wall with five laps remaining. Gale led 72 of the first 95 laps.
Dillon held off Max Gresham, who was making his first-ever superspeedway start, for the win.
“I’m totally pleased with the way things went this weekend,” said Gresham. “To finish second with the Venturini’s in my first-ever superspeedway start is huge for me. I learned a ton and I can’t wait to do more speedway racing with them again at Pocono and Kansas later this season.”
Dillon is the grandson of NASCAR team owner Richard Childress. He is making his team owner and family proud.
“Ty has won in everything he’s driven, and he was awesome on the last lap,” said Childress. “The way he saved it for the end made me smile. I’m proud of our whole team.”
Dillon maintains a 210 point lead over ARCA series veteran Frank Kimmel, who finished ninth.
- Kansas Speedway Hosting Two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Weekends in 2015
- Drowning Pool Playing 98.9 The Rock's Low Dough Show at Kansas Speedway
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women's History Museum
- Joey Logano Trains with MLS Champs Sporting Kansas City
- YEAH! JOE NICHOLS PERFORMING PRE-RACE CONCERT AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY