Kurt Busch Takes Pole for STP 400
When the field rolls out to take the green for the STP 400, a first time pole sitter at Kansas Speedway will lead the field to the green.
Kurt Busch turned a lap at 174.752 mph to grab his first pole at Kansas Speedway and of the 2011 season.
“We've been struggling, and it hasn't been a secret," Busch said. "To come out together today like we did, my guys have never given up, even after my spin yesterday. They cleaned the car up after I bent the nose up a little bit. We were able to fix the templates and got it back out there. They've stood behind me, even the guys back at the shop. We've gone through some tough times, so this is a great feather in the cap to turn things around."
Juan Pablo Montoya turned the second fastest lap in qualifying at 174.154 mph. This will be his third top 10 start of 2011.
Local favorites Jamie McMurray and Carl Edwards will start sixth and seventh, respectively, and Clint Bowyer will start 27th.
Tickets are still available for the the STP 400 at Kansas Speedway tomorrow, you may purchase them by calling 866-460-RACE (7223) or by visiting www.kansasspeedway.com. Parking at Kansas Speedway is always free and fans may bring a 14x14x14-inch soft-sided cooler filled with their favorite food and beverages.
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series
- Rookie Chase Elliott on Cusp of Officially Breaking Out
- TIME, NETWORK CHANGE FOR KANSAS LOTTERY 300 ON OCTOBER 15
- Blackberry Smoke Returning to Kansas Speedway for Hollywood Casino 400
- NASCAR ANNOUNCES 2017 HALL OF FAME CLASS