Armstrong wins at Winchester Speedway
Two weeks ago, Dakoda Armstrong didn’t think he’d be in victory lane at Winchester Speedway in front of his friends and family. Heck, he wasn’t even entered in the race. But after deciding this past Monday (June 20) to race, Armstrong’s Cunningham Motorsports team “thrashed” to get a car ready for the event.
Their “thrashing” paid off as Armstrong brought home the victory, becoming the 101st driver in ARCA history to have at least three career wins.
Armstrong was motivated by his cheering section, over five dozen friends and family members seated just above the start-finish line, standing and cheering for him throughout the race.
Armstrong closed in on leader Ty Dillon, who won the 2010 Kansas Lottery 150, in the closing laps to bring home the win.
Chris Buescher came on strong at the end to finish second, Chad Hackenbract finished third and Dillon and Tom Hessert round out the top five.
Ryan Blaney, son of NASCAR driver Dave Blaney, made his ARCA debut this past weekend. He set a track record in time trials, and dominated the event for the first 154 laps. Unfortunately, a flat tire stymied his debut and he ended up in sixth place.
Dillon increased his point lead over Frank Kimmel to 245 points. Buescher is third, while Chad McCumbee and Grant Enfinger round out the top five.
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
- 2015 ARCA Champion to be Crowned Under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
- Championship Four Move on to Homestead