Tony Stewart Preview
Two-time Kansas Speedway winner Tony Stewart will return to the facility twice this year on - June 5 and October 9 - as he tries to double his win total at Kansas Speedway.
Will he be able to do it? Will he be a contender for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship in 2011?
All indications point to a good year for Stewart after a strong seventh-place finish in the point standings in 2010. He finished in fourth place at Kansas Speedway last October and had an impressive eighth-place finish after starting towards the back of the field at Homestead in the season finale.
Stewart began his stint as a driver/owner in 2009 when he joined with Gene Haas to form Stewart Haas Racing. The two teams, one driven by Ryan Newman and one with Stewart, have won seven races and have claimed five poles.
As he looks to build on his past successes at Kansas Speedway, he will also be looking to set some records in June since no driver has more than two Sprint Cup wins at Kansas Speedway and carry that momentum into the rest of the season as he vies for his third championship.
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
- 2015 ARCA Champion to be Crowned Under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
- Championship Four Move on to Homestead