Wanting to show they still have something to race for, Kasey Kahne and Paul Menard will start on the front pole for Sunday's (Oct. 3, 2010) Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods.
Kahne, with a speed of 174.644, bested teammate Menard for the pole at Kansas Speedway today.
"We're not backing down," said Kahne. "It's exciting to have two RPM guys starting up front. We have the package, we just need to put it together.
Rounding out the top five were Jeff Gordon, Joey Logano and Greg Biffle. Gordon and Biffle both have previous NASCAR Sprint Cup Series wins at Kansas Speedway, while Logano and Kahne have both won NASCAR Nationwide Series races at Kansas Speedway.
The action continues on Oct. 2 with the NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300 at 2:30 PM. Parking lots open at 6 AM and gates open 8 AM with Kansas Lottery 300 qualifying starting at 9 AM.
The Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods is slated for Oct. 3 with a green flag at Noon. Parking lots open at 6 AM and gates open at 8 AM. 38 Special will perform a pre-race concert beginning at 10:20 AM.
- Kurt Busch added to the Finish Line, Kansas Speedway's Fan Hospitality
- March of Dimes Bikers for Babies 20th Annual Ride to Save Lives
- Allmendinger Visits Kansas City for Chase Across North America Media Tour
- Kansas Speedway Hosting Two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Weekends in 2015
- Drowning Pool Playing 98.9 The Rock's Low Dough Show at Kansas Speedway