Wanting to show they still have something to race for, Kasey Kahne and Paul Menard will start on the front pole for Sunday's (Oct. 3, 2010) Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods.
Kahne, with a speed of 174.644, bested teammate Menard for the pole at Kansas Speedway today.
"We're not backing down," said Kahne. "It's exciting to have two RPM guys starting up front. We have the package, we just need to put it together.
Rounding out the top five were Jeff Gordon, Joey Logano and Greg Biffle. Gordon and Biffle both have previous NASCAR Sprint Cup Series wins at Kansas Speedway, while Logano and Kahne have both won NASCAR Nationwide Series races at Kansas Speedway.
The action continues on Oct. 2 with the NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300 at 2:30 PM. Parking lots open at 6 AM and gates open 8 AM with Kansas Lottery 300 qualifying starting at 9 AM.
The Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods is slated for Oct. 3 with a green flag at Noon. Parking lots open at 6 AM and gates open at 8 AM. 38 Special will perform a pre-race concert beginning at 10:20 AM.
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series
- Rookie Chase Elliott on Cusp of Officially Breaking Out
- TIME, NETWORK CHANGE FOR KANSAS LOTTERY 300 ON OCTOBER 15
- Blackberry Smoke Returning to Kansas Speedway for Hollywood Casino 400