Ty Dillon Snags First ARCA Victory at Kansas Speedway
With an older brother (Austin Dillon) that is having a great season in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Ty Dillon wanted to not only compete with his brother, but beat him. And now little brother has one up on big brother.
In his first start at Kansas Speedway, Ty Dillon took the lead with five laps to go and never looked back taking home the checkered flag in the Kansas Lottery 150 in front of his grandfather, legendary NASCAR owner Richard Childress. Austin Dillon competed in the O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 in May at Kansas Speedway, his first start at the track, and finished sixth.
The Kansas Lottery 150 was just Dillon's second start in the ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards and the high school senior was happy to miss school for a couple of days to pick up the victory.
The racing action at Kansas Speedway continues on Friday, Oct. 1 with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice and qualifying and NASCAR Nationwide Series practice. Tickets are available at the gate.
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
- 2015 ARCA Champion to be Crowned Under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
- Championship Four Move on to Homestead
- Gordon and Keselowski Have at It in Texas
- Logano goes to Gatorade Victory Lane after a wild race in Kansas