Kansas Governor Signs Bill at Kansas Speedway
Kansas Governor Mark Parkinson held a ceremonial bill signing on May 26 at Kansas Speedway for the T-WORKS bill, now House Bill 2650. The bill is a 10-year, $8.2 billion Transportation Works for Kansas program. The bill will allow transportation projects that had been placed on hold to continue.
In a recent issue of Reader’s Digest, Kansas highway’s were ranked No. 1 in the country based on safety statistics, pavement condition, bridge condition, congestion-urban freeway, and congestion-urban lane miles.
The bill is also expected to provide a boost to the state economy, as well as, provide tens of thousands of jobs.
- Times for Kansas Speedway's 2017 NASCAR Races Set
- Great Options Remain For Adding To Your Race Day
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Part 1: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase