Dixon Wins Again
Today’s Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 was a repeat story for Team Target as Scott Dixon won his second consecutive race at Kansas Speedway, while the win was Team Target’s fourth consecutive win at Kansas.
“This is a really good track for us,” said Dixon. “We did have a few hairy moments early in the race, but the car was really fast.
“I just hope we can carry this momentum over the next 30 days,” said Dixon, as the series heads to Indianapolis for the Indianapolis 500.
Dario Franchitti finished second and Tony Kanaan finished third in the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300. This is the second time Franchitti has claimed the number two spot at Kansas, and he was overall happy with his car this weekend. “Scott was just quicker,” said Franchitti.
Will Power continues to lead the overall point standings and the road course point standings. With today's win, Dixon leads the oval championship.
The race action continues tomorrow (May 2) for the O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. The day starts with country music star Pat Green performing a pre-race concert at 10:30 AM and the start of the O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 at Noon.
- Former drivers at Kansas Speedway prepare for Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Carl Edwards Steps Away from Driving Full-Time in NASCAR
- Race Review: Harvick’s “Homerun” at Kansas Speedway Highlights Hollywood Casino 400
- Race Review: Kyle Busch Wins Again at Kansas Speedway
- RACE REVIEW: CHASE BRISCOE SOLIDIFIES CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON WITH WIN AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY