The Chase Austin Chronicles
I was honored recently when I was asked to be the guest speaker at Bessemer City Middle School in North Carolina. I will speak to more than 600 students at a pep-rally to kick off the “Race to The End & Stay on Track” program on May 10th. I hope I can inspire students to do their best on their upcoming end-of-grade tests. I will report back to you to let you know if I managed to inspire anyone...
Since I have been back in Kansas, I've been video gaming it up with my friends, Anthony and Jordan, we have been putting in some hours in. I brought my Xbox and small TV with me from North Carolina so I could set it up in a small room at my parents house. I have all my other portable electronics in the room. I like to call it my miniature laboratory! I'm kind of crammed in that room. My Mom has a yoga ball at the desk instead of a chair. Have you ever tried to race on a yoga ball?
I've also been fishing in the pond by my parents house. My sister, Uncle and I have pretty good luck catching fish. Here is the down side, along with fish, we seem to find snakes. Let me make this clear, I'm not a wimp, but there is something about snakes that freaks me out. If they surprise me, I've been known let out a slightly girlish scream. I can't believe I'm admitting that publicly...
With that embarrassing confession, I think it's time for me to close! For those of you heading to the Speedway, (and if you’re not, you should be) be safe and have a blast - one day, I will be there with you! Until next months news letter, keep "chasing your dreams" and I'll do the same.
- Shooter Jennings to Play Pre-Race Concert at Kansas Speedway
- Nickelodeon Announces Entitlement Sponsorship of SpongeBob SquarePants 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kansas Speedway, May 9
- Kasey Kahne Appearing at the Finish Line on May 9
- Kansas Speedway Season Ticketholders Headed to Daytona 500
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit