Briscoe Sets the Pace
Waiting out a long rain delay was worth it for Team Penske’s Ryan Briscoe as he won his first career pole at Kansas. His previous best career start at Kansas was seventh in 2009.
Briscoe, who finished fourth in last year’s Road Runner Turbo Indy 300, was excited about the starting position on the first oval of the season.
“Team Penske has picked up from where it left off at Homestead last year,” said Briscoe. “That’s a good sign. Hopefully, it’s a sign of speed to come at Indy as well.”
Briscoe will have some stiff competition behind him with defending winner Scott Dixon starting second.
The Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 takes the green flag at 1 PM on May 1. It’s a full day of action at Kansas Speedway; in addition to the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series is set to practice and qualify for the May 2 O’Reilly Auto Parts 250.
- Update on the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Standings
- Times for Kansas Speedway's 2017 NASCAR Races Set
- Great Options Remain For Adding To Your Race Day
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase