Briscoe Sets the Pace
Waiting out a long rain delay was worth it for Team Penske’s Ryan Briscoe as he won his first career pole at Kansas. His previous best career start at Kansas was seventh in 2009.
Briscoe, who finished fourth in last year’s Road Runner Turbo Indy 300, was excited about the starting position on the first oval of the season.
“Team Penske has picked up from where it left off at Homestead last year,” said Briscoe. “That’s a good sign. Hopefully, it’s a sign of speed to come at Indy as well.”
Briscoe will have some stiff competition behind him with defending winner Scott Dixon starting second.
The Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 takes the green flag at 1 PM on May 1. It’s a full day of action at Kansas Speedway; in addition to the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series is set to practice and qualify for the May 2 O’Reilly Auto Parts 250.
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series
- Rookie Chase Elliott on Cusp of Officially Breaking Out
- TIME, NETWORK CHANGE FOR KANSAS LOTTERY 300 ON OCTOBER 15
- Blackberry Smoke Returning to Kansas Speedway for Hollywood Casino 400
- NASCAR ANNOUNCES 2017 HALL OF FAME CLASS