Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 Preview
Another reason for the excitement at Kansas is that it is the first oval track of the IndyCar Series season. This has drivers like Danica Patrick eager to start. With limited success in the first four road courses and with the practice she has been getting while driving stock cars, she’s looking forward to getting back on the oval. This will be her first time on an oval track since the Homestead race, and she believes that her experiences with the stock cars have helped her overall racing abilities.
The opposite can be said with points leader Will Power. His specialty is road courses, but he wants to continue his success on the oval tracks as well. With this being one of the more crowded oval track races, with 27 cars set to start the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 on Saturday, he has a lot of adjusting to do. He believes that his key to success will be getting the car suited to his driving style and with rain in the forecast for Friday that could be a difficult task. Overall Powers is trying to continue his success from last year.
The IndyCar Series races at Kansas have produced some of the closest races in recent memory. With competition the highest it has been in years, the 2010 race at Kansas should be one to remember.
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series
- Rookie Chase Elliott on Cusp of Officially Breaking Out
- TIME, NETWORK CHANGE FOR KANSAS LOTTERY 300 ON OCTOBER 15
- Blackberry Smoke Returning to Kansas Speedway for Hollywood Casino 400
- NASCAR ANNOUNCES 2017 HALL OF FAME CLASS