Kansas Entertainment Releases Hollywood Casino At Kansas Speedway Design Concept
Kansas Entertainment, a 50/50 joint venture between International Speedway Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select Market: ISCA; OTC Bulletin Board: ISCB) (“ISC”) and Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN) (“Penn”), today released a design concept for the Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway. The new facility, which is scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2012, will overlook Turn 2 of Kansas Speedway.
The initial phase of the new facility, budgeted at $386 million, would include a 100,000-square-foot casino floor with capacity for 2,300 slot machines and 86 table games, a high-energy lounge and a variety of dining and entertainment options. Additional project phases including a hotel, expanded gaming space, a spa, convention center and entertainment retail district, have been master planned as well.
In addition to the Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway, ISC has committed to petitioning NASCAR for a second Sprint Cup Series race to be held at Kansas Speedway, building a road course at Kansas Speedway and committed two free track side billboards to the State of Kansas to promote tourism.
- Former drivers at Kansas Speedway prepare for Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Carl Edwards Steps Away from Driving Full-Time in NASCAR
- Race Review: Harvick’s “Homerun” at Kansas Speedway Highlights Hollywood Casino 400
- Race Review: Kyle Busch Wins Again at Kansas Speedway
- RACE REVIEW: CHASE BRISCOE SOLIDIFIES CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON WITH WIN AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY