Martin Captures Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods Pole
He praised his crew’s efforts, and was particularly amazed with his car’s performance.
“[Have] any of you ever stepped on a cat’s tail before? I have accidentally stepped on a cat’s tail before and it’s pretty funny how fast they make a noise and go real fast. That’s kid of like when I stepped on the gas in that # 5 car today. It was like stepping on a cat’s tail.”
At 50, Martins lap of 175.758mph Friday put his career-best seventh pole in the books.
In response to other drivers commenting on his competitive edge and his chances of capturing the Sprint Cup despite his age, Martin replied, “I will race with all of my heart, like I have all my life. I’m incredibly blessed.”
Martin will attempt to keep his lead Sunday during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods.
- Former drivers at Kansas Speedway prepare for Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Carl Edwards Steps Away from Driving Full-Time in NASCAR
- Race Review: Harvick’s “Homerun” at Kansas Speedway Highlights Hollywood Casino 400
- Race Review: Kyle Busch Wins Again at Kansas Speedway
- RACE REVIEW: CHASE BRISCOE SOLIDIFIES CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON WITH WIN AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY