Martin Captures Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods Pole
He praised his crew’s efforts, and was particularly amazed with his car’s performance.
“[Have] any of you ever stepped on a cat’s tail before? I have accidentally stepped on a cat’s tail before and it’s pretty funny how fast they make a noise and go real fast. That’s kid of like when I stepped on the gas in that # 5 car today. It was like stepping on a cat’s tail.”
At 50, Martins lap of 175.758mph Friday put his career-best seventh pole in the books.
In response to other drivers commenting on his competitive edge and his chances of capturing the Sprint Cup despite his age, Martin replied, “I will race with all of my heart, like I have all my life. I’m incredibly blessed.”
Martin will attempt to keep his lead Sunday during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods.
- Nickelodeon Announces Entitlement Sponsorship of SpongeBob SquarePants 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kansas Speedway, May 9
- Kasey Kahne Appearing at the Finish Line on May 9
- Kansas Speedway Season Ticketholders Headed to Daytona 500
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit