Logano Snags the Checkered Flag at Kansas Speedway in the Kansas Lottery 300
Just one week after his devastating wreck at Dover (in the Sprint Cup race), Joey Logano managed to slide past a seemingly untouchable Kyle Busch to steal the checkered flag during the Kansas Lottery 300 Saturday at Kansas Speedway.
“From last week to now—talk about A-Z. I needed a win to stop everyone from talking about me if I’m going to be alright after that roll,” he said.
Busch had led for 173 laps, but saw his lead dissolve late as the #20 car took the outside and passed him with only four laps to go.
“I knew I wasn’t going to get him on the bottom. I started working the top and driving my guts out for everything it was worth. I was driving my brains out and it was fun.”
This is Logano’s first victory at Kansas Speedway, and marks his fifth win in just 37 starts.
All week his team stressed the importance of getting back on track after the crash at Dover, and Logano credited his and Crew Chief Dave Roger’s prerace conversation as a bit of extra motivation.
“Dave probably gave me the biggest pep talk I’ve ever had before the race started. He asked me before the last restart how hungry I was, and I said, “I’m starving.”
Logano will look for the weekend sweep tomorrow in the Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods, where he will start 18th.
- Kurt Busch added to the Finish Line, Kansas Speedway's Fan Hospitality
- March of Dimes Bikers for Babies 20th Annual Ride to Save Lives
- Allmendinger Visits Kansas City for Chase Across North America Media Tour
- Kansas Speedway Hosting Two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Weekends in 2015
- Drowning Pool Playing 98.9 The Rock's Low Dough Show at Kansas Speedway