Kansas Lottery 150 Preview
Martin talks with his crew chief during testing for the Kansas Lottery 150
For ARCA RE/MAX Series driver Hal Martin, a full time series ride in 2010 hopefully.
Martin was at Kansas Speedway on Sept. 1 preparing for the upcoming Kansas Lottery 150 (Oct. 1, race time at 4 PM) and took a few minutes between testing and studying to discuss several different topics.
“I’m a really competitive person and I really feel like this is a competitive series for me to be in,” said Martin.
His competitiveness has helped him over the last few years as the Louisiana native and his family had to evacuate their home, not only for Hurricane Katrina but for two additional storms in 2008. While it’s prevented Martin from winning a local championship, he did finish second last year despite missing two races due to the evacuation.
Martin hasn’t competed at Kansas Speedway yet, but he did finish third at Chicago in his first speedway race.
“Both tracks are very similar,” said Martin. “The biggest difference is the exits and Kansas is a little more narrow.”
Spoken like a driver and an engineer.
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series
- Rookie Chase Elliott on Cusp of Officially Breaking Out
- TIME, NETWORK CHANGE FOR KANSAS LOTTERY 300 ON OCTOBER 15
- Blackberry Smoke Returning to Kansas Speedway for Hollywood Casino 400