Johnson looks to continue Kansas Speedway success this Memorial weekend
Two time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion, Jimmie Johnson, returns to
Johnson, who qualified fifth this weekend, won the Coca-Cola 600 three consecutive times from 2003-2005. Johnson has found recent success at Kansas Speedway, visiting Victory Lane in 2008. “Kansas Speedway has been a good track for us, and I’ve had some good finishes over the years,” said Johnson. Johnson is one of the top drivers to watch this weekend with the highest driver rating at 117.1, leading Kyle Busch and pole winner Ryan Newman, who has also had success at Kansas Speedway winning in 2003. Last week in the Sprint Cup All-Star Race, Johnson led a race-high 50 laps. With his history at the track and his efforts last weekend, Johnson is expected to make a strong showing again this Sunday. So far this season, Johnson has posted one win, five top-five finishes, and 7 top-10 finishes. Look for Johnson again this fall at Kansas Speedway in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Kansas Speedway tickets are on sale now. The 2009-2010 Ticket Package includes the NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300 and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods on October 3-4, 2009, and the O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 and IndyCar Series Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 in the spring of 2010. Call 866.460.RACE or visit kansasspeedway.com for tickets today.
- Kasey Kahne Appearing at the Finish Line on May 9
- Kansas Speedway Season Ticketholders Headed to Daytona 500
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony