Rahal on pole for Road Runner Turbo Indy 300
Graham Rahal will start on the pole in the IndyCar Series Road Runner Turbo Indy 300, his second pole in the first three races of the 2009 IndyCar Series season.
Robert Doornbos qualified second in his first start on an oval. Danica Patrick will start third, her best starting position of the season. Defending series champion, Scott Dixon, will be fourth followed by Marco Andretti.
Dan Wheldon, the two-time defending winner at Kansas Speedway, qualified ninth.
Series points leader Dario Franchitti had qualified second, and Helio Castroneves was third quickest. But both competitors were penalized after driving below the white line during their qualifying runs. Franchitti will start 21st, while Castroneves will roll off 22nd.
The Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 will start at 4 p.m. (CT) at Kansas Speedway on Sunday, April 26, 2009. The Sunday IndyCar Series practice was rescheduled for 11:30 a.m. For more information and updates, call 866.460.RACE.
- Logano goes to Gatorade Victory Lane after a wild race in Kansas
- Kyle Busch Conquers Kansas Speedway, Wins Kansas Lottery 300
- Kansas Speedway Hosting Hollywood Casino 400 Weekend
- Kurt Busch added to the Finish Line, Kansas Speedway's Fan Hospitality
- March of Dimes Bikers for Babies 20th Annual Ride to Save Lives