Rahal on pole for Road Runner Turbo Indy 300
Graham Rahal will start on the pole in the IndyCar Series Road Runner Turbo Indy 300, his second pole in the first three races of the 2009 IndyCar Series season.
Robert Doornbos qualified second in his first start on an oval. Danica Patrick will start third, her best starting position of the season. Defending series champion, Scott Dixon, will be fourth followed by Marco Andretti.
Dan Wheldon, the two-time defending winner at Kansas Speedway, qualified ninth.
Series points leader Dario Franchitti had qualified second, and Helio Castroneves was third quickest. But both competitors were penalized after driving below the white line during their qualifying runs. Franchitti will start 21st, while Castroneves will roll off 22nd.
The Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 will start at 4 p.m. (CT) at Kansas Speedway on Sunday, April 26, 2009. The Sunday IndyCar Series practice was rescheduled for 11:30 a.m. For more information and updates, call 866.460.RACE.
- MARTIN TRUEX JR. LOOKS FOR STRIKE AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY
- KANSAS SPEEDWAY HOSTING NASCAR NIGHT RACES MAY 6-7
- MLB AND KANSAS CITY ROYALS HALL OF FAMER GEORGE BRETT NAMED GRAND MARSHAL
- MARTIN TRUEX JR. VISITING THE FINISH LINE, KANSAS SPEEDWAY’S FAN HOSPITALITY
- LEGENDARY ROCKER EDDIE MONEY TO PLAY GO BOWLING 400 PRE-RACE CONCERT