Rahal on pole for Road Runner Turbo Indy 300
Graham Rahal will start on the pole in the IndyCar Series Road Runner Turbo Indy 300, his second pole in the first three races of the 2009 IndyCar Series season.
Robert Doornbos qualified second in his first start on an oval. Danica Patrick will start third, her best starting position of the season. Defending series champion, Scott Dixon, will be fourth followed by Marco Andretti.
Dan Wheldon, the two-time defending winner at Kansas Speedway, qualified ninth.
Series points leader Dario Franchitti had qualified second, and Helio Castroneves was third quickest. But both competitors were penalized after driving below the white line during their qualifying runs. Franchitti will start 21st, while Castroneves will roll off 22nd.
The Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 will start at 4 p.m. (CT) at Kansas Speedway on Sunday, April 26, 2009. The Sunday IndyCar Series practice was rescheduled for 11:30 a.m. For more information and updates, call 866.460.RACE.
- STAGE LENGTHS ANNOUNCED FOR KANSAS SPEEDWAY’S NASCAR RACES
- Playoff Hopes Abound for NASCAR XFINITY and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Drivers
- 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Season Expectations
- Drivers In New Places: Rookie of the Year Candidates
- Clint Bowyer Looks For Relevancy in 2017