NASCAR drivers David Starr and Chase Austin throw out first pitch
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver David Starr and rookie Chase Austin threw out the first pitch at the Kansas City Royals game on April 14. The announced attendance of the game was 11,746.
Both Starr and Austin signed autographs and met with fans during the early innings of the game. They also led the crowd in Take Me Out to the Ballgame from the Royals dugout during the seventh inning stretch.
Austin and Starr also met with players during batting practice including Mark Teahen, Mike Jacobs and Manager Trey Hillman, where they talked about racing and found motivation for the first pitch.
“This was my first pitch in a professional ballgame. David has previous experience, so I was pretty nervous and focused. But we made it across homeplate and into the catcher’s mit, which is what matters,” said
Both will be back in
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
- 2015 ARCA Champion to be Crowned Under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
- Championship Four Move on to Homestead