Hornaday starts on pole; race rescheduled
Defending 2008 champion Ron Hornaday, JR. started on the pole position for the second consecutive year in the O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 at Kansas Speedway on Saturday. Ricky Carmichael, the fastest qualifying rookie, started in the top ten for the first time in his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series career.
The O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 was postponed and will resume at 10 a.m. on Monday.
The #5 Bad Boy Motors Toyota, driven by Mike Skinner, was leading the race before the weather forced them stop the action.
On Monday, Kansas Speedway gates will open at 9 a.m. and fans simply need to show their ticket from Saturday to re-enter for the remainder of the race. Only 52 of 167 laps were completed on Saturday, so the race will resume with lap 53 on Monday.
The Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 race on Sunday, April 26, 2009, will resume as scheduled.
For more information, call 866.460.RACE.
- Update on the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Standings
- Times for Kansas Speedway's 2017 NASCAR Races Set
- Great Options Remain For Adding To Your Race Day
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase